Monday, February 4, 2008

Careerbuilder Superbowl Ad.. Follow Your Heart

If you were among the half of Americans watching the Superbowl yesterday, what did you think about the Careerbuilder follow-your-heart ad? The one where the heart jumps from a woman's chest, trails blood on the way to her boss' desk to tell him she quits, and leaves the building.


Although I watch the Superbowl for the football, I also enjoy rolling my eyes at the ridiculous ads. Yesterday's game was no exception; there were plenty of bad ads for my eye-rolling pleasure. And a friend I was watching with (who really watches it for the game, even more so than I) also picked her least and most favorite ads. Her least favorite? Yes, the aforementioned careerbuilder spot. It was dubbed disturbing.

And while I have to agree that the ad was ugly, it also rang true for me. There are so many people stuck out there in miserable jobs, or jobs that simply aren't working for them. And it's really a shame. If you're one of them (and hey, I've been there), when are you going to follow your heart? Hopefully before it leaps from your chest in protest...!

To access the special report "7 Keys to Breaking Free of Job Hell: How to Instantly Start on the Path to Work You Love", visit http://www.freshvisioncoaching.com/

No comments: