Friday, January 23, 2009

The FastestTransportation Available

“Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.” – Margaret Shepherd
I was drawn to a poster with this quote on it at a recent yoga class.

(If you like that, you can find a nice visual reminder of it here: http://www.aislingnachroi.com/i/863SometimesYourOnlyTransportation.pdf)

And then.. on my way home from that class, I saw a little girl making a big (for her!) leap from one patch of sidewalk to another. When you notice something repeatedly, it’s asking for your attention.. so I started thinking.. leaps of faith seem to come easier for us when we’re young.. before we get jaded, cynical, or skeptical.

And I’m not so sure that serves us. One of my intentions for 2009 is to take quick action on things that capture my interest and attention. Because one thing I know is, leaping before I have time to look helps me to get in action before I can talk myself out of something, or before I lose momentum.

So far, leaping has helped me sign up (last minute; that’s when I heard about it!) for a workshop that has already changed my life. I’m looking forward to the next leap!

So let me ask you this.. where in your life are you hesitating? Take a deep breath, keep your eyes on the other side of the chasm, and ... Jump!

No comments: